The last information meeting before the VOTE ON possibly switching from using water from the Great Lakes Water Authority to our own well will be held at the Township Hall on Thursday December 7 at 7:00 PM. The meeting is intended to provide co-owners information on the project and answer any questions that they may have.
Key points to keep in Mind:
- Water for irrigating the common areas is the largest line item in the budget
- Water/Sewer Rates have increased 6.62% and 11.19% in the last two years
- This project will not result in an increase in our monthly dues
- The project will be funded by borrowings from the Long Term Reserve
- The Long Term Reserve will be repaid over a 5 year period from the savings generated by not having to buy water from the Great Lakes Water Authority.
- After the Long Term Reserve has been repaid, those dollars previously spent on water will be available to spend on other capital improvements in the community without an increase in dues, such as landscaping as an example.
If you are unable to attend the meeting and have question, you have two choices, you can contact Ed Worth, the Board Member who has been spearheading this project at Contact the Secretary or you can e-mail your question to Contact the Communications Committee and we will ask the question on your behalf at the meeting.
Remember that 116 YES votes are required to move this project forward. The voting deadline is January 12, 2018