Residents should be on the lookout for a mailing from Herriman containing Voting documents for the well project. Also in the packet is information on two meetings that will be held at the Township Hall on November 30 and December 7 at 7:00 PM. These meetings are intended to provide co-owners information on the project and answer any questions that they may have. Both meetings will provide the same information, so attendance at only one meeting is necessary.
For those that may not be able to attend, answers to several FAQs are also included in the mailing. Please read the information, attend a meeting and don’t let the voting requirement get lost during the holidays. If you did not get the mailing, either contact Herriman or Contact the Communications Committee and provide your e-mail address and we will send you a complete copy.
Key points to keep in Mind:
- Water for irrigating the common areas is the largest line item in the budget
- Water/Sewer Rates have increased 6.62% and 11.19% in the last two years
- This project will not result in an increase in our monthly dues
- The project will be funded by borrowings from the Long Term Reserve
- The Long Term Reserve will be repaid over a 5 year period from the savings generated by not having to buy water from the Great Lakes Water Authority.
- After the Long Term Reserve has been repaid, those dollars previously spent on water will be available to spend on other capital improvements in the community without an increase in dues, such as landscaping as an example.
If after reviewing the information, you still have questions and are unable to attend the meeting, you have two choices, you can contact Ed Worth, the Board Member who has been spearheading this project at Contact the Secretary or you can e-mail your question to Contact the Communications Committee and we will ask the question on your behalf at the meeting.
Remember that 116 YES votes are required to move this project forward. The voting deadline is January 12, 2018