The Michigan State Police is again reminding Michiganders that the more observant and involved individuals are in their daily lives, the less likely it is that crime will go undetected. If you see something you think is suspicious, report it to law enforcement. For emergencies, call 911; for non-emergencies suspicious activity can be reported to the MSP Michigan Intelligence Operations Center by phone at 1-855-MICH-TIP (855-642-4847) or online at mi.gov/MICHTip.
Being vigilant means paying more attention to where you at all times and what is happening around you. In doing this, you can look for indicators of suspicious activity or behavior, which may include:
- An unattended object or one that appears out of place, especially in crowded or public areas.
- Individuals exhibiting strange or abnormal behavior.
- Someone entering or exiting blocked or unauthorized areas.
- Individuals who quickly leave when seen or approached.
- Someone taking photos, videos or drawings of high profile or highly populated buildings or structures.