The postponed 2020 Annual Meeting is still tentatively scheduled for January 28th at 7:00 pm. However, our ability to hold that meeting is subject to the restrictions imposed on gathering by the State of Michigan. On December 18, 2020, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services issued a directive that specified:
- Gatherings are permitted provided that:
- Organizers do not permit persons to mingle with others from outside of their household;
- Household groups consist of no more than 6 persons;
- Households are spaced or seated at least 6 feet apart;
- No food or beverages are sold or consumed on the premises;
- Venues comply with the following capacity limits:
- For venues with fixed seating, occupancy must not exceed 20% of the limits established by the State Fire Marshal or a local fire marshal;
- For venues with non-fixed seating, occupancy is limited to 20 persons per 1,000 square feet, including within any distinct space within the venue;
- For all venues, no more than 100 persons may be gathered within any distinct space within the venue, except at stadiums and arenas hosting sporting events as provided in section 6, in which case up to 250 persons may be gathered.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will advise as soon as a definitive decision has been made. Please keep that date and time open so that if the meeting is held, we are in a position to have a quorum.