We are all hoping for a return to normal….we are all tired of wearing masks, being cooped up in our houses and not being able to freely socialize with our family and friends. Our best hope is the Covid-19 vaccine.
Unfortunately, as we are all aware, the vaccine is in short supply. To increase your chance of getting your shots, get on as many lists as you can:
- Register with your hospital system. Our doctor is through U of M which has placed all of their over 65 patients into a pool. While I was lucky and got pulled early for an appointment my husband is still waiting.
- Inquire at your local pharmacies about the availability of Covid-19 Vaccine appointments
- Register through pharmacies.
- Meijer’s – https://clinic.meijer.com/
- CVS – https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Rite Aid – https://www.riteaid.com/Covid-19
- Walgreen’s – https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp
While some may not yet be accepting appointments yet or not have open appointments, keep checking back and get on as many lists as possible. If you have another source that we can pass along to our neighbors, please Contact the Communications Committee
Remember however, that no vaccine is 100% effective. So until the United States achieves herd immunity, its important that you continue to wear your mask and social distance. Additionally, it is not yet clear as to whether can you transmit Covid even though you, yourself are protected. We care about you! Stay Safe!